Moving is just as exciting as it is stressful. Relocating your life to another place requires so many changes and so much of planning that it is a lot to deal with, in every aspect, for many people whether you are moving across the town or to another country. Many people think of it as a chance to start afresh and they look forward to making the move irrespective of the distance. Whether you are excited or stressed about the move, planning ahead is important to avoid making mistakes or in the alternative, having enough time in hand to rectify the mistakes you have made. In this post we will also see what things should be put in your essentials kit and how to calculate charges for packing and moving.
With the development of Gurugram (formerly Gurgaon) as IT Hub, things have changed in that once small town. Now people frequently move from one apartment to another whether it is because they have purchased a new flat or to be nearer to their office. But the life of Gurgaon is such that it would be extremely difficult for people living there to manage the move themselves so they hire the top packers and movers in Gurugram to take care of every aspect of the move.
Unless you can reverse the flow of time or you have an unlimited time before you have to make the move, planning ahead is the sanest thing to do. Depending upon the time you have in your hand to pack yourself and move, you can choose to either do-it-yourself (DIY) or hire known packers and movers in Gurgaon. If you have ample time, and you want to try your hand at DIYing the packing and the moving, you will need a well thought out plan so you can manage the move along with your other daily commitments. Gurgaon is a fast paced city; people leaving their homes early in the morning to beat the rush hour and working till late in their offices. They neither have the luxury of time needed to pack things themselves nor the energy for it. They prefer hiring best packers and movers in Gurgaon to handle their move so they can relax and enjoy the little time they have, with their families.
Level of planning differs when you DIY or when you hire packing and moving services in Gurgaon.
When DIYing, you will need a week-by-week plan to adhere to if you want to beat the heat of rushing into things and breaking half of them in the process. If you are hiring relocation services in Gurgaon, you can just choose the level of involvement you want in the packing and moving. You can opt to have as much or as little involvement as you want. These services are trained to handle each and every aspect of the moving and can have you ready to move in a day without you needing to lift a finger.
The more time you have between the decision the move and actual moving date, the better, because you will be able to spread the tasks over a longer period and make things easier on yourself. You will be able to research all top packers and movers in Gurgaon thoroughly, check their reputation thoroughly, meet them to understand their work ethics and finally decide to hire the packer and mover company in Gurgaon that you feel most confident of.
Planning ahead saves you a lot of money and head ache.
MAKING AN ESSENTIALS KIT
ESSENTIALS KIT: Essentials kit is a kit that contains all the items you will need on the day and the next day of moving. Because everything would be packed, it would be mighty difficult to get one thing from one box and another essential from another box, keeping them together and handy makes things easier in every eventuality.
- Towels for all your family members who are moving with you
- Hand soap
- Toilet paper
- Clean bedsheets for all the beds
- Ample drinkable water
- Tea or coffee
- Ready to cook food
- Pet food if you have a pet
- Plates, spoons, bowls, for each member of family
- Small emergency kit
- Jam and bread for kids
- Toys for kids
- Flashlights or candles or matches in case the power goes out before you have a chance to install an inverter or no tube-lights are there in your new home.
- Garbage bags
- Change of clothing for every family member
- Important documents like passports, PAN card, financial information, debit cards, credit cards, medical records all should be kept in a handy bag
- Laptops, kindle, ipads
- Scissors for cutting the tape of the boxes
- Pet supplies like pet food and pet bed if you have pet
- First aid kit containing dettol, cotton, bandages, band aid
Granted, essentials kit can not be packed too soon but you can always make a list, so you don’t forget to pack anything essential.
CALCULATING PACKER AND MOVER CHARGES
There are no set charges because charges for packing and moving depends upon many things.
- Volume of stuff: Cost of packers and movers depend heavily on the volume of the stuff you want to move because on the amount of goods depends many things like packaging material, packers to be sent for packing, vehicles to be commissioned, personnels to be hired for packing and unpacking, loading and unloading. When you want to move special items like pets or inflammable material etc they charge extra in such eventualities.
- Vehicle transportation: Car transportation charges differ from transportation charges for bike or a two wheeler.
- Distance to be traveled: This is the second essential measure for calculating the costs of packers and movers. The longer the distance, more the charges because of consumption of more petrol, the wear and tear of the truck carrying the stuff, the time needed by the staff to drive the vehicle.
- Warehouse or Storage Facilities: Charges also increase if you want to avail of the services of warehousing or storage in Gurgaon. The charges of warehousing depend upon the area to be covered by the stuff and the duration of stay.
- Insurance (optional): Though it is recommended to insure your stuff before the move against loss, theft etc, not many people opt for it. Insurances charges depend upon the quantity of the goods. Usually insurance is charged at 3% of the cost of the thing. It does look like an extra expenditure but the security it provides in the eventuality of any mis-happening far exceeds the small amount paid for insurance.
- Tax: Government of India on July 1, 2017 introduced a new system of taxation called Goods and Services Tax. The main idea behind implementation of this tax reform was to bring a uniform taxation system throughout India. GST is imposed in four slabs and the slabs applicable on packing and moving industry is given as follows:
GST on the Packing + Moving + Insurance (together) = 5%. GST on packing only is 18%, Storage and warehousing services = 18%, Moving alone = 5%, Insurance = 5%